Monday, November 14, 2011

Using Rubrics

One thing I love about education courses is that all of my professors are very good about providing rubrics for their assignments beforehand. When I am completing assignments, I usually have my rubric set out in front of me. Coming from a student perspective, I really find rubrics beneficial, and I wish more professors/ teachers would take the time to create them for their students. It really helps students understand teacher's expectations. Rubrics should be clear and concise. I think it is best if rubrics are available to their students before or while they are completing the assignment. Rubrics are also good to pull out if parents or guardians need help understanding their child's grade on a specific assignment.

Thought I'd share this site that helps teachers create checklists/rubrics for different types of assignments and different grade levels.

Hope this helps :)
http://pblchecklist.4teachers.org/checklist.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment