Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reflection on Reading

Pages 351-354 in the Kellough and Karjuzaa book offered a great deal of information on how to work with parents. The most vital part of the chapter was dealing with "Angry Guardians." I really do believe that remaining calm show strength. This is a quality teachers must have when dealing with parents. I like the suggestion of scheduling another conference with the parent, when you feel like things have escalated out of control.

Reading this section made me a bit nervous. It really got me thinking about dealing with parents and preparing for conferences. I found a conference checklist online. I think something like this would be a good idea to pass out to parents before a conference takes place. It will help them keep track of important information and allow them to take home a progress report about their child.

No comments:

Post a Comment